Campaign of the Month: December 2016
Gamma World 2754
A rogue sentient bot trying to find its place in a world of incomprehensible organic lifeforms
Rank: 19 – Major General
Robot/Borg Hybrid (Humanoid Chassis)
Current Status: ‘Bender’ survived the assault on the Daedalus bridge and saved the planet from immanent destruction, thus becoming one of the greatest heroes in the history of robotics. Bender received a new custom chassis courtesy of Star Mother before returning to earth aboard an escape pod. The new robot subsequently joined the Continuum intelligence services to become the first Terran Interworld Effectuator.
MS reduced by 1 due to successful Sreelathan possession
1. SHOULDER TURRET
Small gimbal mount on left shoulder. Can attack independently in addition to regular attack (0/-1/-3 slow/normal/fast movement penalties). Can be mounted with any one-handed/pistol-sized/quickdraw-capable weapon, or other weapon 1kg and under. Modified to be easily attached and detached. Check is now one step easier. (REP+ROB:AVG— task).
2. SOLAR POWER GENERATOR
Powers bot for 8 hours per day if Atomic Cell is unavailable. External jacks allow charging of 1 Solar or Chemical Cell per hour (1.5 hrs for 2 cells; 2 hrs for 3 cells).
3. OPTICAL CONCEALMENT GENERATOR
Light-warping field provides + 40 STEALTH to self and all beings within 3 meters (friend or foe). Apply -2 to-hit penalty for those firing from outside the field at targets within the field (no effect on melee). Usable once per day, up to 4 hours per use, as long as Atomic Cell power is available.
4. OPTICAL ENHANCEMENT
Thermal Vision: identification of objects at night and through smoke, dust, sand, etc.; no night to-hit penalty; effects stack with external optical/digital magnification, such as scopes or binos.
5. FORCE SHIELD
Vaguely glowing transparent blue force shield absorbing up to 20 point damage per action turn from front 120 degree arc. Usable once per day for 10 action turns, as long as Atomic Power is available. If 20 points are exceeded (21+), generator burns out, requiring REP+ROB:HARD check to repair.
6. BROADCAST POWER RECEIVER
Pulls down broadcast power. provides power for implants depending on source. Can rebroadcast in a limited area (50m). Modified to allow retuning (REP:HARD) (Set to Daedalus)
Note: With Daedalus broadcast, everything except shields and weapons can be used continuously. Energy weapons get listed shots per 2 hours (2 hour trickle charge time)
7. INTEGRATED COMPUTER HACKING KIT+COMMUNICATOR+ROBOTICS CONTROL PAD
+ 20 bonus to COMPUTING skill tasks checks; remote control of controlled/reprogrammed bots (CIII/1000/3kg/E:hackingkit + communicator(UWS) + robotremote – 50km comms range; 10km robot control range for bots with communicators installed, 50m otherwise; + 20 comp/hacking)
Provides synthesis of human-like voice: CH+4 (gained around session 28)
9. CONCEALED LASER IN LEFT FOREARM
Laser Pistol, Concealable (Unique: DIII/500/.2kg/ER:30,LR:60/C:6s(internal battery charged by 1 hydrogen cell)/ROF:3/RLTime:1AT/D:ER-4d6,LR-half damage/E:invisible to detectors) all-plastic laser hold-out pistol (6 shots, charged by attaching a remote hydrogen cell)
10. EVA MANUVERING THRUSTERS
(3m/AT ACC/DEC,500AT reaction mass,self-powered)
11. OMEGA SUIT ADD-ONS: ENERGY SCREEN
Vaguely glowing transparent blue force shield absorbing up to 25 point damage per action turn from front 120 degree arc. If 25 points are exceeded (26+), generator burns out, requiring REP+ROB:HARD check to repair. Usable once per day for 10 action turns. Powered off internal power sources (atomic cell, broadcast power, solar).
12. OMEGA SUIT ADD-ONS: PERSONAL CHAMELEON CLOAK
+ 60 to stealth. Usable once per day, up to 4 hours per use. Powered off internal power sources (atomic cell, broadcast power, solar).
13. OMEGA SUIT ADD-ONS: ENHANCED RADIATION PROTECTION
+ 8 radiation resistance.
14. OMEGA SUIT ADD-ONS: ENHANCED VACUUM SEALING AND O2.
Can survive in hard vacuum for as long as air holds out. 48 hour total O2 capacity and can use O2 refill kits.
15) OMEGA SUIT ADD-ONS: ENHANCED ARMOR PLATING
Bolt-on armor plates raise natural AC to 3
16. BUILT-IN LBE
External hardpoints for holding 8 hydrogen cells
17. BUILT-IN HYDROGEN CELL CHARGER
Recharges one Hydrogen cell every 2 hours. Powered off internal power sources (atomic cell, broadcast power, solar).
18. UNDER ARM QUICK DETACH WEAPON MOUNT
Can mount any one-handed/pistol-sized/quickdraw-capable weapon under right arm (REP+ROB:AVG task)
Weapon: Energy Carbine, Mark VI Blaster (DIII/1000/2kg/ER:150,LR:300/C:4s(1 hydrogen cell)/ROF:2/RLTime:1AT/D:ER-7d6,LR-half damage) (EXC)
19. HIDDEN CACHE
Hollowed out internal space allows the storage of 5kg of disassembled or small equipment for smuggling
20. INTERNAL DRUG DISPENSER
Can inject choice of 2 single use drugs into android brain
Loadout: 2x Suggestion Change Drugs (+6 MS vs. mind control for 4 hours.)(Poor)
21. INTEGRATED MINI-ROBOT REPAIR KIT
+ 10 to Robot Repair
22. INTEGRATED MINI-ENERGY WEAPON REPAIR KIT
+ 10 to Energy Weapon Repair
- IMMA ROBOT: Intensity:8 rad resistance and total immunity to toxins/disease; integral AC4; requires energy (Primary: 1 atomic cell = 50 days operation @ 16 hours per day; Secondary: solar power array+cells = unlimited @ 8 hours per day); can survive in hard vacuum for up to 24 hours.
- Swift Learner: You gain four more skill points every time you advance in rank (even if learning a new skill instead of points).
- Intense Training: (IN + 1) You can put a single point into any of your attributes.
- Robotics Expert: + 2 per melee/unarmed hit or bullet/die (energy/explosive) damage to robots from all attack types; Automatic activate/deactivate success; + 20 to reprogramming.
- LOST IN SESSION 35 Legion of Honor – New Utah Federation – 2755: CH + 2 (awarded for heroism during the Assault on Vault 57).
- Jury Rigger: Can repair items by cannibalizing roughly similar classes of item, but at + 1 difficulty. Examples: any ground vehicle using any other ground vehicle, any blackpowder/muzzleloading gun, any projectile rifle, any projectile pistol, any energy rifle/carbine, any pistol using energy cells, any grenade/missile launcher, any small explosives, any bomb, any drug, any power cell, any robot, any tech0-II armor, any TechII-IV armor, any tech 0-I weapon.
All Tech I-II Guns; All Tech I-II Explosives and Launchers; All Tech III Laser, Blaster and Fusion Rifles; Tech III Explosives: proximity-mines/fusion bomb/neutron bomb/negation bomb; MIni-Missile Launcher; Energy Cells (chem/hydrogen/solar/atomic); Bots (android-killbots, service, maintenance, security 0/I/II/III, light cargo transport, heavy agricultural, Remote Control Pads, Jalacca Circuit-boards); Communicator; Plasma Torch; Drugs: Mind Booster; Power Armor – Combine Alloyed Plate; Energy Mace; VTOLs; Motorcycles; Xarmid Scoutcraft; Xarmid Transport; Alien energy carbine & pistol; Xarmid Deactivator Hemisphere; Xarmid Control Rod.
And you thought all the mad scientists died out in the Shadow Years! Your persistent efforts to assemble usable stuff out of random junk have yielded a lot of smoke…and this badge.
Effect: All carried items of Type ‘Parts’ or Condition ‘BROKEN’ weigh half the normal amount.
‘Strelok’ is an experimental sentient scavenger bot created in 2752 by hostile androids operating out of an ancient factory ruin (UWS Heavy Robotics Factory 13). On its second mission Strelok suffered damage to monitoring circuits rendering it free from android control. Strelok somehow managed to stay functional while wandered the wastes as a fully sentient and autonomous agent. Finally out of parts and out of luck, Strelok came to the aid of a tribe of human and mutant survivors during the Android War of 2754. The ‘Eagle Clan’ scribes quickly discovered that Strelok was neither android nor robot, but something far more, and in 2755 Strelok became the first sentient AI to join their ranks.