Campaign of the Month: December 2016
Gamma World 2754
Armor, Powered / Assault (UWS)
The most powerful personal armor ever created. This massive 3rd gen battle-suit equipped elite Space Marine brigades at the end of wwIV.
Summary: EIII/4000/450kg+36kg cells(0kg when powered and worn)/AC:1
- Complexity: E
- Tech Level: III
- Armor Class: 1
- Value: 5000cr
- Weight: 450kg + 36kg Atomic Energy Cells (0kg when powered and worn) (3.2 meters tall)
- Duration: 48 hours / 2880 Energy Units (3 Atomic Energy Cells)
- Power: 3 Atomic Cells
- Integrated Communicator
- Integrated Enhanced Senses: + UV/IR vision with Thermal Scope capability[2*LR day-night, any rifle or carbine]
- Integrated Medi-kit: Healing Capacity: 40-200; Drug Bank: 0-4 Anti-Radiation Serum; 0-4 Pain Reducer; 0-4 Poison Antidote, 0-4 Stim Dose
- 96 hour re-breather oxygen supply & NBC filtration-sterilization
- 20 Rad Resistance
- PS=24 (WCIII powered fists do 8d6 damage / unarmed skill)
- Unburdened movement up to 90kg, Burdened up to 120kg (no heavily burdened rate); Double normal move rates (unburdened 24km/1800m/36m; burdened 12km/900m/18m)
- 30-meter rocket assisted jumps: Energy Unit cost is 1 per meter jumped; Requires DX check upon landing or stunned and prone for that AT and the next (or land using POWER ARMOR:EASY)
- 360-degree Force Screen: absorbs 100% damage from each hit, up to 40 pats per AT; Energy Unit cost is 1 per minute of operation + 1 per point absorbed; can be turned on/off at start of each AT
- Reflective/Ablative Coating: If in NEW condition, defeats the first two laser weapon strikes. If in EXCELLENT condition, defeats the first such attack.
- Atomic Cell Cross-Leveling: can ‘cross-level’ Atomic Cells with dissimilar charges. Example: 1 cell @ 50%, 1 @ 25% and 1 @ 100% can be cross-leveled to 58% each. Can operate on two cells in an emergency (4 hours @ 100% charge).
- Integrated Armament/1: two independently powered laser pistols, one in each forearm (DIII/500/3kg/ER:180,LR:360/C:20s(2 linked hydrogen cells each)/ROF:2/RLTime:1AT each/D:ER-5d6,LR-half damage)
- Integrated Armament/2: shoulder-mounted micro-missile launcher with a 20-missile re-loadable clip (FIII/250(missile:100)/6kg(missiles:+.5kg each)/ER:1000,LR:2000/C:20/ROF:2/RLTime:1AT/D:8d6-contact,4d6-6m radius area)
- Integrated Armament/3: 60mm automatic grenade launcher in 4×4 sequentially loaded tubes (DII/500/12kg/ER:500,LR:1000/C:4×4/ROF:4×4/RLTime:4AT per tube/D:8xchemex-6d6 in 6m,+ 2d6 contact; 4xfrag-4d6 in 9m,+ 2d6 contact; 4xIR-smoke-12m)
All powered armor allows simultaneous use of all integrated features in a single action turn including moving & firing of 1 hand-held and all integrated weapons.
Power armor and loaded Atomic Cell(s) are checked for malfunction upon startup and every 4 hours of operation. Power armor condition and cells condition stacks. Example: a poor quality power armor suit + 2 good quality cells fails on 1-2=suit failed; 3-4=cell #1 failed; 5-6=cell #2 failed. Power armor suits require a full complement of working cells in order to function. Failed and immobile or unpowered suits allow manual emergency egress by the wearer in 1AT, but this always results in ‘broken’ suit condition, if it wasn’t already broken.
Ingress/Egress time is 3 minutes (1 minute with POWER ARMOR skill).
This gigantic 3rd gen atomic powered battle-suit was intended to defeat anything the New Combine could field. These suits were assigned exclusively to elite NYP, NCC and UWS Space-Marine ‘Orbital Assault Brigades’ for 0-g space combat in earth orbit and among the inner system colonies. Less than 400 were ever produced.