Campaign of the Month: December 2016
Gamma World 2754
Armor, Powered Scout (Combine)
3rd generation powered armor issued to Combine 'Special Assault Brigades' in the last years of wwIV
Summary: EIII/1800/250kg + 2*12kg Atomic Cell (0kg when powered and worn)/AC:2
- Complexity: E
- Tech Level: III
- Armor Class: 2
- Value: 1800cr
- Weight: 250kg + 24kg Atomic Energy Cells (0kg when powered and worn) (2.5 meters tall)
- Duration: 56 hours / 3360 Energy Units (2 Atomic Energy Cells)
- Power: 2 Atomic Cells
- Integrated Communicator
- Integrated Enhanced Senses + UV/IR vision with Thermal Scope capability[2*LR day-night, any rifle or carbine]
- Integrated Medi-kit/Healing Capacity: 40,180; Drug Bank: 0-4 Stim Dose; 0-4 Pain Reducer
- 96 hour re-breather oxygen supply & NBC filtration-sterilization
- 16 Rad Resistance
- PS=21 (WCIII powered fists do 4d6 damage / unarmed skill)
- Unburdened movement up to 30kg, Burdened up to 60kg (no heavily burdened rate); Triple normal move rates (unburdened 36km/2700m/54m; burdened 24km/1800m/36m)
- 30-meter rocket assisted jumps; Energy Unit cost is 1 per meter jumped; Requires DX check upon landing or stunned and prone for that AT and the next (or land using POWER ARMOR:EASY)
- Reflective/Ablative Coating: If in NEW condition, defeats the first two laser weapon strikes. If in EXCELLENT condition, defeats the first such attack.
- 360-degree Force Screen: absorbs 100% damage from each hit, up to 20pts per AT (burned out/broken when exceeded); Energy Unit cost is 1 per minute of operation + 1 per point absorbed; can be turned on/off at start of each AT.
All powered armor allows simultaneous use of all integrated features in a single action turn including moving & firing of 1 hand-held and all integrated weapons.
Power armor and loaded Atomic Cell(s) are checked for malfunction upon startup and every 4 hours of operation. Power armor condition and cells condition stacks. Example: a poor quality power armor suit + 2 good quality cells fails on 1-2=suit failed; 3-4=cell #1 failed; 5-6=cell #2 failed. Power armor suits require a full complement of working cells in order to function. Failed and immobile or unpowered suits allow manual emergency egress by the wearer in 1AT, but this always results in ‘broken’ suit condition, if it wasn’t already broken.
Ingress/Egress time is 3 minutes (1 minute with POWER ARMOR skill).
This 3rd gen atomic powered battle-suit was created to provide fast and hard-hitting reconnaissance capability to the elite Combine ‘Special Assault Brigades’ committed to the last offensives in North America. Scout Armor operated in conjunction with Battle Armor. These suits were also employed for 0-g space combat in earth orbit and among the inner system colonies. Less than 2000 were produced.