Gamma World 2754
Ranks and Experience
- Experience from Combat: Creatures or NPCs defeated, captured or killed: 20hp per HD + max attack damage * 5. Example: defeating a Pure Strain Human with 12 hit dice and a laser rifle awards the victors (12*20)+(36*5) or 420 XP. This XP is distributed evenly among all participating PCs (including friendly NPCs, but not robots).
- Experience from Loot: 1 XP per original credit-value. A +50% XP bonus is granted for loot turned in to base. XP for items which are used in common is distributed evenly. A portent (force field shelter) or vehicle for example, but not a weapon.
- Other events or accomplishments at GM discretion.
Advancing to the next Rank requires a number of training days at Base = 2*new-Rank (20cr food/board per day).
- Ranks and Experience Points
|1 – Recruit||2 – Buck Private||3 – Private||4 – Private 1st Class||5 – Corporal|
|6 – Sergeant||7 – Staff Sergeant||8 – Sgt. 1st Class||9 – Master Sgt.||10 – 1st Sergeant|
|11 – Sgt. Major||12 – Lieutenant||13 – Captain||14 – Major||15 – Commander|
|16 – Lt. Colonel||17 – Colonel||18 – Bgde. General||19 – Maj. General||20 – Lt. General|
- Benefits of Rank
- Learn a New Skill or Increase Skill %: Each new ‘Rank’ (level) allows selection of a new skill OR distribution of additional skill points equal to the character’s current IN. A newly acquired skill always starts with initial points determined by the PC’s prime requisite Attribute(s) applicable to that skill. See Skills section for complete details.
- Increase Physical Attribute: Rather than learning a new skill or increasing existing skills, the PC may focus on intensive physical training if either PS or CN is below 12. Upon completion of the training regimen, the PC may add 1 point to PS or CN, up to a maximum of 12. An increase in CN also increases maximum hit points (PSH: 1d10; MH: 1d8; MA: 1d6).